- Digital Architectures
- Many Cores, OS, Compilers
- Security, Verification
- Scientific Computing
- Integrated Heterogeneous SoC
- CAD & Chips, FPGA, RF
- Reliability & Security of integrated systems
- Free and Open Source SW, Open HW
- Quantum Information
- Quantum Computation & Communication
- Secure Quantum Networks
- Smart Systems, Electronics
- Transport Applications
Internships, Post Doc and PhD proposals (New ! September 2023)
Softwares Developed by ALSOC, CIAN, QI and SYEL Teams (New ! February 2022)
Remote Access Documentation
To procedure to access remotely the network, both in text and graphic mode is described here: Master SESI / SESI Network.
My apologies to english spoken people, it has not been translated. But the meaning can mostly be deduced from the UNIX commands.
This documentation was written for the enseignement (student) network, so the names of the computer must be adapteds:
- durian.lip6.fr must became ducas.lip6.fr or barder.lip6.fr.
- mozart must became any computer of the research network, like the server bop or your own desktop, if you have left it running up.
Master of Computer Science, VLSI, HW/SW co-design (SESI)
Four teams of LIP6 laboratory, ALSOC, CIAN, QI and SYEL are involved in the VLSI, HW/SW codesign topic of the Master of Computer Science in Sorbonne Université. The following topics are studied:
- Many core architectures contain hundreds or thousands of heterogeneous cores. They are studied following software aspects (data-flow modelling and co design of software and hardware), execution environments (operating systems tailored to many core architectures) and hardware architectures.
- Structure of dynamic systems changes over time. The design of low power wireless sensor networks and receivers for Software Radio are studied. Reconfigurable architectures integrated into chips and for specific applications such as cryptography are also addressed.
- Heterogeneous systems bring together, in a multi-physic context, software and digital functions, analog, MEMS and RF. The students investigate their modelling and simulation using SystemC-AMS as well as their prototyping.
- Security and reliability of SoC are studied: hardware verification methods based on Model-checking, the study of power supply noise and clock synchronisation are addressed. Security for mixed signal systems is carefully analyzed.
- Open Source Electronic Design Automation (EDA), and Open Hardware (Open cores) are a major concern of the Master of Computer Science.
Case studies are found in the field of transport and health.
Teams involved in the Master of Computer Science, HW/SW topics (SESI)
- ALSOC Team - Integrated on chip multiprocessor systems, real time systems, formal verification systems and generating optimized code for a target architecture. HW/SW Security.
- CIAN Team - architectures, methods and tools for the modelling, the simulation, the design and the security of mixed and heterogeneous circuits. Open Source Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Open Hardware.
- QI Team - Quantum Information.
- SYEL Team - modeling performance of heterogeneous systems, signal integrity, low power wireless sensor network, software radio and e-health applications. AI.